Friday, May 23, 2014

Introduction

Hello all and Welcome!
     To get started let me introduce myself. My name is Mariah, and I just graduated college (no surprise there). I graduated from the University of Maine in Orono with my bachelors of science in nursing, and I am currently waiting to take my NCLEX. For those of you who may not be familiar with it, it is the national exam that I have to take to receive my license. It more or less ensures that I won't kill anyone. Up until I take and pass that exam, I will be working as a nursing assistant so I can have money over my period of unemployment. I become unemployed after I pass my NCLEX because I will be overqualified to work as a nursing assistant, and it will take forever and a day for a job I applied for to get back to me. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.
     On a happier note, let me share with you some fun facts about myself, maybe lighten the mood.
          1) I live in the middle of the woods in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains up here in Maine.
          2) I have a one eyed pug named Maggie, and a old man bachelor cat named Rascals.
          3) I share my birthday with my brother who is 7 years younger than me.
          4) I recently developed a taste for gardening, only flowers so far.
          5) I got engaged under the fireworks, in front of Cinderella's Castle at Disney World (Which is my favorite place ever.)
          6) I've been to Belgium, Costa Rica, and Amsterdam
          7) I've traveled a lot within the US (if you haven't guessed, I love traveling)
          8) I consider myself a "Bro" I have friends, then I have Bros.
          9) I am a superhero fanatic, and I adore Captain America (maybe just Chris Evans's bod? Not really sure).
        10) I love elderly people, they crack me up and they are very wise if you just give them a chance to talk to you.

     Alrighty so there are 10 fun facts. I'm not really sure what else to add in this first post, since I have never blogged before and honestly I'm not really sure about what I'm doing. I'll just wing it! If anyone who reads this has anything they'd like to share or have any suggestions, just leave a comment!

To end this post here is an image of a pug in a princess hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment